Friday 1 April 2011

Not Again!

Moi?


Now at first we thought that Mortimer was scoofing the kitchen work surface for food - apparently it's a labrador thing (maybe we should be grateful that he is only part labrador!) And you would have thought that after the Advocate episode he would be a little more cautious. Oh no!

Up until Thursday morning we had replaced two kitchen sponges, retrieved two knives and replaced the plunger on a cafetiere, fortunately on this one the glass was in the dishwasher. Thursday lunchtime three-quarters of a loaf of bread vanished - all bar a crust. And then Thursday evening's really sneaky stunt. The Co-Owner and I were in the kitchen preparing supper, both heads down at our tasks. I went across to put my veggie burger in the oven and it wasn't where I thought I'd left it. Puzzled I checked the fridge, I've had a bad week and it wouldn't have surprised me if I hadn't actually got it out. But it wasn't there. Next stop the sitting room to find Mortimer licking his lips! He'd taken it literally from under our noses. So anyone with any ideas to stop this habit?  At the moment I'm considering leaving a slice of bread liberally smeared with Colmans Extra Strong mustard out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mortimer would love to share a woof with you